Health and Wellness

Healthy Cells, Healthy Immune System, Healthy Body

Our immune system was designed specifically to heal our bodies and keep them healthy. So why are so many failing these days?

There are many factors that cause our immune systems to function poorly - diet, lack of exercise, too much stress and how we handle it, pollutants and contaminants in the air and water, toxins in our food supply, body care and cleaning products among many other factors. But taking our health seriously doesn't have to be burdensome and confusing.

I don't know anyone who wants to be sick or die of disease but sadly that's what is happening to so many people. Death is a sure thing, but disease doesn't have to be.

If you're interested in strengthening your immune system allowing it to do its job, which is to heal your body, then go to Amazing Molecules . Find out how healthy cells make for a healthy body and then contact me!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Meet Dolly, our Dairy Queen

We don't regularly feed our cats table food and most of our cats, though they may beg, aren't the least bit interested after they give it the smell test.  Dolly, on the other hand, does have her favorites and though we don't allow her to indulge too much, once in a while we allow her to eat some pizza (including the dough part) and dairy, anything dairy.  Some of our other cats actually do like to lap up an occassional (small) bowl of milk.

All of the dairy, except for yogurt and a few types of cheeses (Asiago, Feta and Mozzarella) in our refrigerator is straight from the cow's utter, that is, raw and unpasteurized.  Unpastuerized milk/dairy is much better tolerated in cats as well as in humans than the pasteurized versions.  In fact, I have found, without a doubt, that I can enjoy dairy in its most natural state but once it's been pasteurized I'm in trouble; you probably know what I mean...the lactose intolerance problem?

This morning as I was eating breakfast (yogurt, a banana and some almonds) I noticed that our gray tabby, Dolly was sitting beside me.  This is pretty unusual since she has made it perfectly clear that I'm on her black list.  Dolly has nicknames like Mrs. Small and the Dairy Queen and this morning Mrs. Small was doubling as the Dairy Queen!  I suspect it had something to do with the yogurt I was eating.  With her nose in the air I decided to share it with her but first, I got the camera ready.  

Watch and listen carefully as Dolly enjoys her morning yogurt!

Yum, yum!

No comments: