Green Smoothies are quick and easy to make and they really do taste great! We primarily use baby spinach as our leafy green ingredient and it's not even detectable amongst the sweet fruit.
Green Smoothies pack a lot of nutrition and because the ingredients are raw and liquified, they are easily digested. This means less wear and tear on your organs and body. It's quite simple: Enzymes in raw foods help our bodies digest our food so that our bodies don't have to make them for the digestion process. You'll notice a difference in your steady energy and your ability to make it to lunchtime without snacking or nibbling beforehand.
Try a Green Smoothie and see for yourself how delicious they are but more importantly, you'll just feel better knowing you're nourishing your body from the inside out!
1 frozen banana, cut in chunks*
1/2 of an apple, cut in chunks or slices
2 soft dates, pitted
Large handful of greens (baby spinach seems to blend the best and have the mildest flavor)
1 cup water or more depending on how thick you like it
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
- Use organic ingredients.
- If banana is fresh, you can add 2-3 ice cubes in the water to equal one cup or add frozen berries or frozen pineapple instead of ice.
- When freezing bananas, cut them in chunks before freezing. Just remember how many chunks equals one banana. :)
- Dates do not need to be refrigerated but I recommend using them up within a month. If you plan on keeping them longer than a month you can store them covered in the refrigerater. Refrigerated dates should be at room temperature when using them in smoothies.
- You can add a smaller amount of greens and then gradually increase them each time if you have a hard time tolerated them at first.
- To get more nutrition, add 2 Tbsp Barlean's Flaxseed Oil (read about the benefits of Flaxseed Oil - Omega 3 fatty acid is one of them).
- Can add other liquid supplements