Getting back on track isn't easy, as we all know, but it's something we need to do if we want to be healthy. We can't eat the way we do around the holidays all year long. If we do, we will surely be unhealthy, maybe not sick right away, but eventually.
So what motivates someone to eat well and keep their body in shape??? Someone else who is looking to do the same thing! It's simple. Find someone who would like to get back on track and partner up with them because, first of all, just knowing you're accountable to someone else will encouragement you to stay focused.
Take these ideas and run with them:
- Set up a chart that details your health plan for the week and follow it. Being prepared is half the battle and builds confidence.
- Share ideas and recipes with your health partner and others.
- Open up conversation about health with others. It's so encouraging to talk to someone who speaks your language and it's a great motivator!
- Write out a weekly menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks.
- Be sure to drink at least 8-10 eight oz glasses of water each day. Include lots of fresh sqeezed organic lemons.
- If you use sugar try something called Organic Agave Nectar instead. Agave Nectar is sweeter and more expensive than sugar so you will want to use less. It is said that Agave Nectar has a low glycemic index so it shouldn't spike up your sugar levels.
- Challenge your health partner and/or others
- Buy a pedometer and see who takes the most steps in one day or in a week!
- Run your own Biggest Loser contest.