Health and Wellness

Healthy Cells, Healthy Immune System, Healthy Body

Our immune system was designed specifically to heal our bodies and keep them healthy. So why are so many failing these days?

There are many factors that cause our immune systems to function poorly - diet, lack of exercise, too much stress and how we handle it, pollutants and contaminants in the air and water, toxins in our food supply, body care and cleaning products among many other factors. But taking our health seriously doesn't have to be burdensome and confusing.

I don't know anyone who wants to be sick or die of disease but sadly that's what is happening to so many people. Death is a sure thing, but disease doesn't have to be.

If you're interested in strengthening your immune system allowing it to do its job, which is to heal your body, then go to Amazing Molecules . Find out how healthy cells make for a healthy body and then contact me!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Genetically modified soy or Extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil?

Soy has been the craze for many years in the health food industry and in health food stores.  Now it's become much more mainstream.  Genetically modified soy, which is mass produced and accounts for almost all of the soy used in food products, has entered the markets and many of us weren't even aware of it. 

Coconut oil, which is an extremely healthy food had it's reputation ripped apart by those who wanted to find a cheaper way to produce processed foods and make higher profits.  Not based on any truth, coconut oil was said to cause heart disease and high cholesterol, which is untrue and unfounded.  

In order for food manufacturers to provide us with foods that bring in high profits, they had to find ways to not only produce the products at low cost but also to smear the reputations of foods that have been proven for centuries to promote good health and strong immune systems, and coconut oil is one of them.  

I learned my lesson well!  After being on Synthroid for 11 years for hypothyroidism, I was led to find out about coconut oil.  Coincidence?  No way!  This was the path that God led me on so that He could show me that I was accepting lies.  It took some time and it took breast cancer to make me to listen and to believe the opposite of what I was conditioned to believe.    After changing my eating habits and consuming coconut oil (2 Tbsp per day) my thyroid was healed.  I no longer need Synthroid, which by the way is a synthetic hormone, or any thyroid drugs or therapy.  It has now been 4 1/2 years since I've been off of it! 

It is truly by God's grace and His love that I found out about coconut oil and that He has healed me with what He created to be beneficial to our bodies which are His temples!  All the more reason we should be mindful of taking care of the bodies He has designed for us, don't you think?

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments: