Health and Wellness

Healthy Cells, Healthy Immune System, Healthy Body

Our immune system was designed specifically to heal our bodies and keep them healthy. So why are so many failing these days?

There are many factors that cause our immune systems to function poorly - diet, lack of exercise, too much stress and how we handle it, pollutants and contaminants in the air and water, toxins in our food supply, body care and cleaning products among many other factors. But taking our health seriously doesn't have to be burdensome and confusing.

I don't know anyone who wants to be sick or die of disease but sadly that's what is happening to so many people. Death is a sure thing, but disease doesn't have to be.

If you're interested in strengthening your immune system allowing it to do its job, which is to heal your body, then go to Amazing Molecules . Find out how healthy cells make for a healthy body and then contact me!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

2nd Unofficial Juicing Class

Had a great time today at my friend's house for my second unofficial juicing class.  She has a Jack Lalanne juicer that worked well.  She wanted to make sure she was using the juicer properly before she started on her new juice venture (by the way, if anyone has a juicer or is going to purchase one and has no clue as to how to use it, I give private juicing classes).  She chose to juice oranges, cranberries and apples. The juice was delicious but then again, how could it not be? We put a plastic bag in the pulp catcher and it made clean up easier.  Cleaning the juicer is important and getting the pulp out of the screen is not always an easy task.  I advised her to use a vegetable brush to clean the screen because the pulp gets stuck in the tiny holes.  The brush works wonders.  

We also discussed detoxing.  Detoxing the body (removing toxins) is a great way to, as my friend stated, start with a clean slate.  But before you start a detox, there are many things you need to know.  Detoxing can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you're doing (yes, I have a personal story about this and learned the hard way). In one of my classes detoxing will be introduced and the prerequisites discussed.

Remember I will be having an OPEN HOUSE as I mentioned previously so that anyone who is interested will have the opportunity to come and find out about my classes (and sample some good food and beverages, too)!  I also plan to incorporate Pampered Chef products in my classes so that anyone interested can purchase them conveniently (you don't have to have a demonstration/show in order to make a purchase).  Pampered Chef specials and discounts will be offered to those who participate in my classes.  I also have some other ideas I'm working on but won't mention them until they are for sure!

Side Note:  Cranberries are only available seasonally in PA (usually in the Fall) so if you want to have them year round, freeze them in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag.  This way the cranberries will be individually frozen and won't freeze in clumps.  When ready to use, take out what you need and give them a rinse under water.  Cranberries are  also great in smoothies!

~ Lisa
Email me at LisaSmall@rcn.com

No comments: