Now, I'm completely on board with those who want to be creative and use scraps so as not to waste anything. However I'm not on board when deceit is involved. Are you really getting what you’re paying for or are you spending your hard earned money on meats that aren’t really what you think they are?
Of course, it's no suprise that those who profit from meat glue will tell us that it's safe and has no negative side effects. But if they weren't profitting from it, would they use it? It's doubtful. Why would they waste time on something that wouldn't enhance and increase profits?
Here are some questions you should be asking yourself and your butcher:
- Where do you buy your meats?
- Do you know where the meat comes from?
- Do you know how the animals live and what they’re fed, i.e. Do they live in tight spaces/cages or do they live in their natural environment where they have access to the outside with sunshine. Are theyfed a proper diet like grass?
- Do you even know what they should be fed and how they should live?
- Do you know if the animals were given hormones and antibiotics (it is unlawful in the United States for farmers to inject chickens we will eat with hormones).
Advances in technology can be a good thing if used properly and for our good. But when it has been taken beyond the scope of truth in order to deceive those who support it, that's where we, as consumers, must take a step back and question it. I hope you will do just that.
What is meat glue is and why is it dangerous and deceptive? Find out in this video and article.